1. I'm grateful for my wife everyday. She is so funny - when they ask you what keeps a marriage together after 17 years it has to be a great sense of humor - Amanda (pictured above) is so witty and keeps me on my toes!
2. I am grateful of my sight - I had a very very slight incident when writing up my dissertation recently when I couldn't see for half a day. Not only was it painful I just know how much my eyesight means for me
3. I am grateful for my home. Knowing that I have somewhere to go every day, somewhere safe to sleep, eat and live is very important to me and even more so knowing that it isn't a guaranteed situation for many people here in Melbourne, across Australia and the world over
4. I am grateful for the wisdom elders share with me. Building relationships with elders is really important to me, but I have found even more importantly making time to sit and listen is the key moment of knowledge and cultural exchange. Listening to great stories and sad stories is such a privilege that I treasure
5. I am really grateful for my family. Even though I live a 13 hour drive away I speak to my sisters and parents each week. Despite the regular issues we all have in families, I am grateful that they are there for me and that I can be there for them. It's really that sense of belonging that I am most grateful for.