Monday, February 6, 2012
Why one mum is grateful she had sons...
I’m not parent, but I love being a daughter. I often wonder though if mothers prefer to have sons rather than daughters, and so asked my sister Gisella just some of the reasons she may be grateful for having the gorgeous boys she has – Matt (in front) and Ben – pictured below with her.
Gisella writes: I’m grateful I had sons because...
· It’s highly unlikely I will ever need to share my clothes, shoes, make-up, perfume, jewellery or handbags with my boys – I’m not so sure about the face cleansing masks though.
· Nothing beats their height, broad shoulders and strong arms as they give me a special hug; a minimum of one hug per day from each son is required and I’ll accept nothing less.
· They only need carry-on luggage when travelling because three pair of underpants, two t-shirts, two pair of shorts, a pair of thongs, a toothbrush and a hat is apparently enough for a week.
· They’ve taught me to laugh at the most random and ridiculous jokes. Sometimes we laugh uncontrollably at nothing at all.
· I will hopefully one day be a mother-in-law, having honest, loving and lasting relationships with the partners that my sons choose. I want to be the “nice” mother-in-law that everyone is happy to visit.