Most days I rely on positive affirmations / mantras via the wise words of others who bring significant reminders to me on how I should move forward with my day. I often use the following quotes when managing my own workload and practical motivation and my emotional well-being. My days are also jam-packed with writing, wonderful family and friends, lots of laughter (and sometimes tears) and of course, conversation over good food. I want to live a complete life, so quote #4 below is a daily mantra... do you have one?
Here’s five quotes I’m grateful for today:
1. ‘Don't worry about failure. Worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try.’ – author unknown (I first read this in 1990 when I was working as a cadet in the public service in Canberra. I have always remembered and reminded myself when I’m fearing failure.)
2. ‘Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.’
- Dalai Lama
3. ‘Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.’ - Coretta Scott King
4. 'I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom.' Mark Twain
5. 3. ‘Don't cry for a man who's left you, the next one may fall for your smile.’ - Mae West
NOW: What great quotes are YOU grateful for? I’d love some more words of wisdom, so please share.