Saturday, January 8, 2011
Memories and Mammories, I am grateful...
1. MEMORIES: I’m currently working on my memoirs focussing on my Aboriginal identity, and this week I’ve been writing about my father. It’s a difficult thing to do because I’m still heartbroken from his early death back in 2005. But it’s also given me the opportunity to recall some of the fabulous memories of my childhood and being proud of my father, Joe-The-Carpenter. I’m grateful that I have such fond memories of the greatest man who ever walked the earth (yes, of course I am subjective... but he was!).
2. MAMMARIES: Ok, so the 16Ds get in the way on occasion, and oft times shopping can be a challenge, but it’s fair to say I’m grateful to have them, I mean, how would I keep the strapless dress up otherwise?
3. MOTHERS: Of course I’m grateful for mine, she’s the best (yes, you can contradict me, because your mum’s the best too, right?). But today I’m grateful for all the other wonderful mothers in my world, including Yoli, new mum to Conan. Seeing her in action with the little fella today was so inspiring it almost makes me want to squeeze one out myself. I said almost...
4. MICHAEL BUBLE: I’m grateful for the Michael Buble CDs /DVDs my brother gave me for Christmas. I am cruising Sydney now grooving in my car seat to the delicious sounds of this gorgeous Canadian pop crooner. Yummo!
5. MAHON POOL: My haven, temple, place I feel most at peace is this little piece of paradise at North Maroubra. I am grateful for ANY time I can spend there. Today I had an hour to swim, sit, relax, think and centre myself. Pic above taken today about 1pm.