Contributors

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What I'm grateful for May 22nd...

1. TIDDAS TALKING: I’m grateful for the opportunity sit in between my deadly tiddas Larissa Behrendt and Marie Mankara, both award winning authors. There was much laughter, politics and inspiration from my left and right today as we yarned at the Sydney Writers’ Festival. What a way to spend an afternoon down Walsh Bay.
2. BREAKFAST PIZZA: No, I don’t mean the pizza you microwave for breakfast the morning after a late night. I’m talking about an actual pizza that is designed for breakfast. It has crispy bacon, mushrooms, tomato and a poached egg in the middle. No-one could possibly understand how grateful I was to discover this treat at the Malabar Bay Cafe this morning. Unless of course you’ve been there yourself.
3. INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES: I’m grateful for affirmations, mantras and inspirational quotes from various sources to get through the day, through the week, through life. My faves today were:
* 'I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom.' Mark Twain
* ‘I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe
* “A professional writer is an amateur who didn’t quit.” – Richard Bach
* “Every accomplishment large and small begins with the same decision: I’ll try.” - Ted Key
* A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. - Winston Churchill
4. BOORI PRYOR: I was grateful for a few minutes in a Chinese restaurant with Boori where a fleeting conversation clarified a complex issue for me.
5. HOMELY HOSPITALITY: I was so incredibly grateful tonight when friend, confidante and deadly journo Shelley Gare welcomed me into her home; such a gorgeous, warm, embracing space. When I grow up I want to have a home just like hers.

1 comment:

Alex Kim said...

Very appreciable information.Join us and be free from worry regarding to business, we at singaporetranslators.com deliver you premium business translation services in pocket friendly price.Our expert is well cognizant of certified translation services in global level.