Contributors

Friday, January 15, 2010

What I'm grateful for Thursday January 14:


1. Gleebooks : today we confirmed that the Sydney-city launch of Manhattan Dreaming will be at Australia’s #1 Independent Bookstore Gleebooks. The date is March 12, so get your frocks out ladies and be ready to do some New York high kicks from 6pm onwards. All welcome.
2. Terri Janke: I’m a huge fan as you know. Terri and I have known each other for 20 years. I want to be her when I grow up. She’s agreed to launch my book on March 12, having done an extraordinary job launching Not Meeting Mr Right and Avoiding Mr Right. The problem is TJ is so effortlessly glamorous I’ve asked her to wear a tracksuit on the night so she doesn’t outshine me!
3. The artist R E A : who features in my novel Manhattan Dreaming agreed to launch it at the University of Western Sydney on March 5. I am so excited!
4. Creative flow: it’s all happening with the new project Paris Dreaming. The characters are coming together, scenes are flowing off the pen. I’m reminiscing about the fabulous meals I had during research and having fun writing dialogue and plenty of oolaalaa sex. The joys of writing fiction. The new character- Libby – will be working at the musée du quai Branly
Today’s pic is taken at the Longchamp Races in Paris where I had to do some research last October. The duties of a writer... :)
5. Recycled clothes: I wore a skirt today that I bought years ago for a date. Let’s just say the skirt was a better option than the choice of date  I put it on today and it looked better than it did the night I wore it. I’m grateful for digging deeper into my wardrobe and finding it this morning.

No comments: