Contributors

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What I'm grateful for June 7...


1. DETOX DAY 1: I’m grateful that I started detox today after too many weeks of too much caffeine and chocolate – all in the name of creative process of course. I managed to get through what was an extraordinarily long day – 11 hours of work – but struggled without no sugar, caffeine, vino, chocolate or protein. I had a caffeine headache by 9.30am!
2. WAYNE QUILLIAM : Wayne’s a deadly photographer and did my fab shots in Melbourne back in 2008 as part of the launch of Avoiding Mr Right. Today I was grateful that he was full of beans (seeing as I was flat as, per above entry) when we were doing the photo-shoot with the kids from La Perouse Public School and Matraville Sports High School. The shoot was for our book Demon Guards the School Yard, due for release in 2011. Pic above is a Wayne Quilliam portrait!
3. LPPS: I love the kids at La Perouse Public School. I can see why teachers choose their vocation when I visit the kids at LPPS. I’m grateful for the opportunity to work with them on the last two book projects.
4. WILLPOWER: I’m grateful than even when I desperately want to indulge in something other than bean sprouts, vegetables and green tea, I had the willpower not to!
5. RED LIPSTICK: I’m grateful for the lippy that makes my teeth look whiter!

No comments: