Sunday, February 14, 2010
What I'm grateful for February 14...
1. INDIGENOUS ALL STARS: Look, I’m the first to admit that I have little interest in or knowledge of any code of football. And that’s quite sad given my cousin Joe Williams used to play for Penrith and Souths, my other cousin Jim Williams used to Rugby play for the Brumbys and now is assistant coach for The Wallabies. But last night I do believe I was converted to the game of League as I sat with over 26,000 other spectators at Skilled Stadium and watched culture, entertainment and sport mesh into a history making moment. I’m grateful the IAS won! There would’ve been mass mourning on my flight home today otherwise. A highlight of the night was of course the Noonuccal Dancers from Stradbroke Island. (see pic)
2. FROCKS AT THE FOOTY: I’m grateful that I was there for the purpose of work and therefore got to hangout in a suite which came with a dress code. It meant I had to frock up and put on some heals. It was stiff competition though as I met up with Ms Sonja Stewart and the ever glamorous Terri Janke. Rumour has it that TJ was sitting near the Prime Minister at the game! [pic of TJ and I at the game]
3. PLANES THAT LAND: I’m always grateful when the plane I’m on lands safely, especially when it’s an airline I wouldn’t normally fly...
4. GEORGE THE CONCIERGE: I’m grateful for George at Legends Mantra who provided exceptional service in an otherwise, unexceptional check-in experience on the Gold Coast. Next in line was Brodie who rescued my wallet from the in-room safe... you’d think with all the travelling I do I’d know how to work the safe by now, but apparently not!
5. WATER: Just can’t enough of it. It’s my favourite drink.