Contributors

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I’m grateful for the 2013 Magabala Australian Indigenous Diary



If you’re like me, then you’re already making plans for next year. If you run your own business then you’re locking in events and meetings, and hopefully, a little break now and then to recharge and revive.

With that need for organisation in mind, I’m grateful to have in my hands already, the 2013 Magabala Australian Indigenous Diary.   (Mind you, I’m still filling out this year’s one!)

There are a number of reasons I love this hardcover, spiral-bound (means it can lie flat on my desk) most beautiful diary. Aside from it’s as an efficient medium for keeping track of where I need to be and when, it also has:

·      Stunning full colour reproductions of artwork by Indigenous artists from around Australia including Freddie Tims, Edwin Lee Mulligan, Jukuna Mona Chuguna and Tinpulya Kangitja anong others. There’s also beautiful photography by one of my favourite men with a camera, Mr Wayne Quilliam.
·      It includes significant dates / moments in Australian history that we should all know, remember and celebrate, i.e. 1965 Freedom Rides in NSW, National Apology Day
·      It also let’s us know when the country’s best cultural festivals are on and where! - see now you can start planning!
·      There’s a whole heap of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural info included at the back: protocols, art and culture and a glossary! Next time someone asks me a question, I’ll just say ‘check the diary!’

If you’re not lucky enough to have someone give you the 2013 Magabala Indigenous Diary for Christmas, you can order your own direct from Magabala or from any Readings store in Melbourne (or you can order from them on-line also!) Tell them I sent you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, do they do this as a calendar as well? I don't use a diary (besides an electronic one) but I love to have a calendar on the wall. I guess I can go check the website, eh?

Dr Anita Heiss said...

That's a great idea. I don't think they do, but it's worth suggesting. I'll forward it on! Cheers. Anita