Monday, November 21, 2011
D words I am grateful for ...
· Today I just wanted to share some D words I am grateful for...
DARK - I like the dark. I like it so dark of a night I wear an eye-mask to block out any remnants of light and to assist me travelling to a universe where I can dream the night away. The darkest night I remember was in Wagga Wagga (Wiradjuri country) back in 1997 when I was invited to be writer-in-residence at the Wagga Wagga Writers Writers. My home there was in a little cottage on the grounds of Charles Sturt University, right across from the boutique winery of the same name. Like having one massive bar fridge! I arrived on a Sunday night around 7pm and am told my first words upon arrival were; "F&*! It’s dark here!" And it was. Not only was it the darkest night sky I'd ever seen, it was probably one of the only places I have ever been truly afraid of the night. I was told the house had a 'resident friendly ghost' and so I waited for it to appear.... it never did.
· DIAMONDS - to some they are a girl’s best friend, others they are more like a sista but right night they feel like a long lost cousin to me. *violins play* Seriously, I'm grateful for the few little chips I have because they were given with love and mark special moments in my life.
· DARLING: I like terms of endearment for lovers (darling, dear, dearest and so on). Although I recall telling one beau NOT to call me sweet pea! I also appreciate terms used with warmth for my loved ones such as sista, tidda, cuz.
· DAFFODILS: the beautiful yellow flowers light up my flat and my face. What’s not to be grateful for?
· DATES: Not the ones involving members of the opposite sex, I mean the ones I put on my oatmeal every morning. I love ‘em!