Contributors

Friday, April 30, 2010

What I'm grateful for April 29...




1.MUDGEE, NSW: I was grateful for the invitation to be part of the Mudgee Readers' Festival as a guest speaker, because it brought me back to Wiradjuri country again – 24 hours of being on country is good for the soul. Thank you Melanie Trethowan (pictured above) for coordinating with your fabulous team.
2. MUDGEE READERS: I had so much fun at my event held in the swish restaurant Sajo’s Lounge Bar and Restaurant it didn’t feel like work at all. The space was packed and the community of readers who had come along to hear me talk about myself – yeah I can hear you yawning as you read this – were so warm and friendly. I’m grateful they all ventured out into the chilly Mudgee night for some nibblies and to say hello. Some even bought books, what a bonus. Special mention to waitress Shelley who informed me it was the ‘dating restaurant’ and offered to assist my research by lining up solo dining men for an interview. Big shout out also to Anne MacLean (picture above) who came along and knows my Mum!
3. MUDGEE HOSPITALITY: I’m grateful for the hospitality I received in Mudgee. From being met at the airport with banners and a brass band by Kerry Barling, to my fabulous hosts at Beverley House BnB - where I had the BEST EVER waffles - everyone is friendly in Mudgee. I wonder what’s in the water here? Heiss, Heiss Baby and her entourage want to stay.
4. CHIVALRY IN MUDGEE: I am pleased to report and am grateful for the fact that chivalry is alive and well in Mudgee. Two men held open one door for me and it made me giggle like a school girl. I then spent the morning walking in and out of shops just for the door opening experience. And NO, it had nothing to do with the superb wine that is made in Mudgee.
5. MUDGEE PRODUCE: I am so grateful for all the goodies I was presented with for speaking tonight. My pantry is going to look quite spesh now. I can’t wait for happy hour at my place – I’ll sip a Rosby Mudgee Shiraz or Wineworks Orange Viognier as I munch on tasty Cooyal Grove pistachios. I’m going to be cooking with Lakelands Biodynamic Organic Mandarin Crush Olive Oil and Cudgegong Valley Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I’m looking forward to enjoying my Mowat’s of Mudgee Black Olive and Roast Capsicum & Coriander Tapenade. And for dessert, I now have Wicked Chocolate Sauce from Little Pork Kitchens in Mudgee! Wowee... am I gonna be eating good for a while!

No comments: