Monday, February 22, 2010
What I'm grateful for February 22...
1. WALKS AT DAWN: I love my morning walks. I’m grateful for a daily schedule that allows me the time to pound the pavement as the sun rises. The locals I pass smile and / or say good morning as I clear my head and plan my day to the sound of music loaded onto my iPod by a generous friend.
2. FAMILY BANTER: I’m grateful for the banter that goes on with my siblings when we pass at Mum’s house on the weekend. Sometimes it’s about the weather, or the beach, or sharing advice on careers , or giving unsolicited comments on relationships. Sometime’s there’s no serious substance to our yarns at all, but I really like the opportunity that weekends often provide to simply catch up.
3. SISTA-TIME: I’m grateful for the deadly women in my life and our ‘sista-time’. I always feel inspired and at peace with the world after catching up with them over coffee or a cocktail, a movie, a walk or just on the phone.
4. SUMMER BREEZE: ‘Summer breeze, makes me feel fine...’ thank you Seals & Crofts. I’m grateful for the song, but more-so the southerly that blows up at my place of an afternoon, especially on these hideously muggy days of late.
5. VEGEMITE: I know the international readers will be cringing at Vegemite, but it’s an Australian staple. And I love it. I had it today on toast. It’s great on muffins, crumpets and even raisin toast. It’s great in jaffles with tuna, creamed corn, cheese and chilli. I kid you not! As kids we had it on Vita Wheats and we’d squeeze little Vege worms out. I’m grateful for its rich source of Vitamin B also. Hey, have you ever noticed the colours on the label of Vegemite ... red, black and yellow... and some tokenistic white! For the brave North Americans who want to try it, check out the About Australia website