Contributors

Monday, May 10, 2010

What I'm grateful for May 7...




1. CAIRNS SUNRISE: I am grateful that I complained about the smoky room at my hotel on the esplanade, because they upgraded me to a 10th floor room with the perfect view of the Pacific Ocean and a stunning sunrise. What a way to start the day.
2. HOTEL GYMS: I’m grateful for hotel gyms; they mean I can work of the mini-bar before I check out!
3. SHERATON PORT DOUGLAS: OMG – it is the most fabulous place to stay. Beautiful grounds with palm trees, electric blue butterflies and two hectares of lagoons to swim in. I was grateful for such a peaceful place to celebrate my friends’ birthdays, recharge my batteries and indeed, do a book signing at a local bookstore!
4. MARS BAR SUNDAY: I kid you not, I had a Mars Bar Sunday at On the Inlet restaurant in Port Douglas. And while the ice-cream was average, the melted Mars Bar was delish, and I was grateful for the recipe which I’m going to try and master at my next home gathering. How hard can it be to microwave a Mars Bar and pour it on ice-cream?
5. TIME OUT: I was grateful for the two hours I had chilling with my besties by the pool today. I tried really, really, really hard not to think about the deadlines that are ruling my life every other minute of the day.
Today’s pics of the Cairns sunrise, me on the beach at Port Douglas and chilling by the pool!

No comments: