Contributors

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What I'm grateful for March 10...



1. AMANDA JAMES PHOTOGRAPHY: I’m grateful to Amanda who is a deadly photographer and generally a really nice gal. I seem to bump her at functions around Sydney like last Friday night’s Yabun Awards where she took the pics above. She kindly deleted the pics where I have five chins and arms like legs of ham. And that’s important for a writer, as you can imagine. If you check out Amanda’s website you’ll see how stunning her work is from corporate functions to weddings. If you’ve got an event coming up, don’t go past Amanda James, and tell her I sent you!
2. FLOSSING: I’m a huge fan of dental floss; actually you could say I’m a little addicted to flossing. I’d be grateful if more people were the same.
3. AT THE MOVIES: I don’t watch a lot of television, but I’ve got it on while I write this tonight, and I like the chemistry between Margaret and David as they discuss, sometimes vehemently disagree on films. They make entertaining television.
4. LIFE: Every day I am grateful for the life that I have. My family, my friends, my health, my home... and my career. I am grateful for the wonderful ride I am on right now with Manhattan Dreaming which is taking me around the country, across Sydney and soon overseas to talk to interested readers and media about the novel and the messages within it. I am ‘living the dream’ or so I am told. But we all need to live the life we’ve got, don’t we? I’ve spent the last eight years working towards getting right here, and I can tell you, it ain’t half bad. So, I am also grateful for all those who have assisted me along the way, especially my family because without them I couldn’t even dream, let alone live it.
5. PATIENCE: I am grateful for those who are patient with me; because patience is the one quality I need to work on. I guess I am a work in progress!

No comments: