Contributors

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Blog-spots I am grateful for:


To be invited to write for someone else’s blog is a privilege. It means the inviter trusts you to write something that their own followers and friends are interested in reading. I’ve done a few blogs these past weeks, and tonight I am grateful to those who have allowed me some space in their own blogosphere to talk mainly about Paris Dreaming. I’m also grateful to those bloggers who have supported me by writing on their own blogs about my work. I feel incredibly humbled by such wonderful support within the Australian writing community. Most specifically I’m grateful for:

1. SARA FOSTER: I’m grateful to my gorgeous authorly friend Sara Foster who asked me to write about what my character Libby Cutmore was grateful for on her blog.

2. SUSAN WHELAN: Thank you to the supportive Susan Whelan for inviting me to be part of her Reading Upside Down blog, with a post about why I chose Paris as the setting for my latest novel... aptly titled Paris Dreaming! I’m grateful also to all those who participated in the comp to win a copy of the novel.

3. THE BOOK SHOW: Thanks to the ABC Book Show blog who asked specifically for a blog by yours truly on why I write ‘chick lit’. As you may already know, I prefer to call it ‘commercial women’s fiction’. To find out why, just check out the blog.

4. PAIGE LOVES BOOKS: I’m grateful to Hobart-based Paige who read and reviewed Paris Dreaming and called me up for a little chat. You can hear the interview on-line at Paige’s blog.

5. SYDNEY WRITERS’ CENTRE: I’m grateful to Valerie Khoo from the Sydney Writers’ Centre who attended the Sydney launch of Paris Dreaming and recorded an interview on the night to include on the SWC blog. Hope you enjoy hearing about my writing process and a little about Paris Dreaming. A more extensive interview will be podcast on the SWC in the next two weeks.

No comments: