Sunday, February 6, 2011
Author Daniella Brodsky is grateful ...
I’m grateful tonight for the friendship and support I have found in one of Australia’s newest authors, Daniella Brodsky, who somehow found herself relocated from the US to a new home in Canberra, and in June last year, found me at the National Library of Australia. With that meeting we both found a new friendship.
Daniella is the author of DIARY OF A WORKING GIRL which has been adapted into a movie BEAUTY AND THE BRIEFCASE, starring Hilary Duff. The film was nominated for a People's Choice Award! The exciting news is that Daniella will be launching her newest novel Vivian Rising at Paperchain in Manuka on February 9, and YOU are welcome to go along and meet her and grab your own autographed copy. And have fun.
In the meantime, Daniella has listed five things she is particularly grateful for right now:
1. Having that real kind of love that I never thought existed.
2. My family--both here and in the US.
3. Living in Australia, the most fantastic country on the planet, which was the result of a completely random chain of events. I up and relocated to Washington DC from Connecticut and met my future husband before I even unpacked my first box. He happened to live as far away as humanly possible, but we didn't see this as a deal-breaker.
4. Doing what I love with a fantastic publisher, Simon & Schuster Australia.
5. My puppy, Minnie! She's naughty but I am just nuts about her; she brings me so much joy.